Please upgrade your browser.
2018 Symposium on Telescope Science
- $60.00 - Registration - Member
- $75.00 - Registration - Non-Member
The purpose of the Symposium is to emphasize small-telescope research and amateur-professional collaboration. It will include many papers related to variable stars, asteroids, exoplanets, supernova, and related topics; with amateurs and professionals discussing the use of CCD cameras, software, hardware, and the latest techniques in data acquisition and analysis. If you want to see how small telescope research is contributing to astronomical science, learn more about photometry, astrometry, spectroscopy, CCD imaging, and the newest hardware and software techniques, this is the conference you will NOT want to miss!
Your Registration fee includes:
- "Evening with the Pro's" on Thursday evening. Dr. Lance Benner will discuss recent results from radar observations of near-Earth asteroids. Dr. Jessie Christiansen will discuss the TESS mission and its pro-am initiative.
- Technical Papers sessions (Friday and Saturday).
- Lunchtime forums on small-telescope photometry (Friday) and spectroscopy (Saturday)
- Sponsor Display room
- Bound copy of the Proceedings
Additional-cost options are also available on the Registration form (2nd page):
- SAS Membership $25
- Workshop: "Eclipsing Binary 'Time of Minimum' Observation and Analysis". Bob Nelson will cover the theory and value of ToM determination, planning and observation strategy, analysis of your photometric results. $50 (Thursday afternoon).
- Workshop: "Search for transients in HII and star-forming regions". Dr. John Bally will discuss the science case, relevant examples, and recommended observation procedures. $50 (Thursday morning).
- Banquet and Speaker: $40 (Saturday evening) -- non-registered guests are welcome.
To Register online, click the button above (or go to https://socastrosci.z2systemscom/eventReg.jsp?event=7&).
Symposium Registration does not include lodging. After you have registered, go to http://bookings.ihotelier.com/bookings.jsp?groupID=2125455&hotelID=95765 for hotel reservations at the Ontario Airport Hotel & Conference Center. The Symposium rate is $96/night + taxes.